Post 5: A Photo and its Story

 




       The photo seems simple, but it brings back endless memories. To begin with, in the photo I'm next to my father - and Sensei - holding the Chilean flag. We were competing in Asunción, Paraguay. It was an Open Pan American Martial Arts Championship, where there were competitors from many disciplines, such as karate, taekwondo, kyokushin, kung fu, etc.

This memory is very important in my life because of the context behind it. My dad had retired from competitions about 25 years ago, dedicating himself totally to teaching karate, and that year he decided to give me something very special and symbolic for my birthday: to compete with me in that great tournament. We were teammates, representing Copiapó and Chile. The process was long; The previous months we trained a lot to go to win the first place in our respective categories. And so it was, we were both Pan American champions. In addition, we competed together in a category that is by teams, called “Team Kata” (a kind of choreography, which is interpreted as an imaginary combat), and we obtained the second place among all the countries that were competing.

After receiving our medals and trophies, we decided to save that beautiful and unique memory in a photo, because we know that very few people can experience such a father-son moment.


Comentarios

  1. Wows!! What a wonderful story!! Truly a unique memory

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Amazing!! what a beautiful discipline and a beautiful relationship between father-son. It really is going to be a moment that they will not be able to forget

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 8: A subject I enjoy studying

My autobiography - Who am I?