Post 8: A subject I enjoy studying





Introduction to Clinical Psychology from the Systemic Approach


            Hi everyone! As I had told you in the first post, I'm a third year psychology student. In this sense, in the sixth semester it's time to take optional subjects that are of interest to us in the wide spectrum of the different lines of psychology, and there was one in particular that was my favorite: Introduction to Clinical Psychology from the Systemic Approach .

In summary, this subject is an introduction to systemic psychology, which is defined as a branch of both theoretical psychology and applied psychology that studies human behavior and experience as complex systems. It's based on the theoretical work of Roger Barker, Gregory Bateson, Humberto Maturana and others. This approach focuses on the study of the different systems that affect the subject, such as family, work, the culture of the country where they live, etc.

The truth is that I took this subject because I did not know much about systemic psychology, and it caught my attention to learn about it, because I have never liked to "marry" with a single theory, but rather to get the best of each one to enrich my knowledge. And I think I have learned a lot thanks to the great work that teacher Claudio Zamorano has done, who bases his classes on: exposition of the topics, real stories with his patients, videos, many spaces for dialogue with the students, and a lot of sympathy.

Before taking this subject, I thought it was a very closed line in terms of ideas, but I have realized that it is the opposite; an approach that, when studied, opens your mind enormously. There are two things that I mainly rescue: the weight that the patient's diagnosis may have, and that what affects the patient is not only in him, but that he is affected by the different contexts in which he has lived / lives.

Comentarios

  1. I also study psychology and I found the subject you described very striking, the various contexts are very important in the life of each individual.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I very much agree with you that one should never be wedded to a single theory, but rather the enrichment of multiple theories.

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

Post 5: A Photo and its Story

My autobiography - Who am I?